After tanning yourself, you just feel horrible because you don’t like the result of your tanning. Either you went to a tanning salon or bathe yourself under the sun, you just don’t like your new skin color being tan.
You don’t need to lock up in your room and wait for the day your normal color returns. You can do something to remove your tan and lighten your skin fast without any damage.
Remember, it’s not easy to reverse the tanning but you can speed up the return of your previous complexion.
- You need to exfoliate every week to slough of dead and outer skin cells. The top most layer of the skin contains the darkest pigment. With exfoliation, you will eventually be removing the dark colored skin and later on get back to your original skin color. Skin regenerates continuously. At the base, you still have your original skin color waiting to be exposed.
- Avoid bleaching your skin after tanning. This could provide you with a faster effect of lightening your skin but will definitely cause skin damage. Your skin wouldn’t handle being treated repeatedly with strong solution. If you’re planning of bleaching your body, allow two weeks rest or a month or so to recover.
- Homemade remedies are effective in solving tan problems. One effective way is by rubbing aloe vera over your body. Aloe vera is rich in moisturizers, lighteners and nourishers that can easily wash away tan. After a few days of using it, you will surely see an improvement. Another method is by applying buttermilk on your body. This will help lighten the skin naturally. If you don’t have available buttermilk, you can use regular milk to bathe your body.
- It has been found out that chlorinated water can make tan go away. Then, you can go swimming often on chlorinated water to reduce tanning of the skin. If you don’t want to have darker skin, you can go swimming on indoor swimming pools or at night time. Be sure to use sunscreen with higher SPF if you go swimming outside during the day.
- Depending on the solution they use for tanning, some salons or products have tan that can easily be washed away. To aid in the faster removal of the tan, you can make use of baking soda to wash the color embedded in your skin. You just need a few baking soda, wet it and rub it with your palm then rub it all over your body. Gentle massage works better. Work longer on darker areas like the elbows, knees and at the back of your neck. You will notice that some color of the tan will be washed off when you rinse.
- Remember, not all types of skin color would match yours. You need to consult an expert and ask help in finding a good color that would match your skin tone. Don’t let a tan disaster stop you from getting another session of tanning. Find these tips helpful to regain your real skin color and be ready for your next tanning experience.
Learn more about skin lightening here: skinlighteningadvice.com